Sunday 23 November 2014

When My Lights Went Out



A few days after my wife returned from her last overseas vacation, she started wailing and wringing her hands, "I'm sick. I feel weak." And I asked, “What did they feed you, on that vacation?” She shot back, “What has the diet got to do with it? Anyway, I had lots beef meals.”

Being my peaceful self, I tried consoling her, “Honey, no cause for alarm, as long as you were nowhere near any of those areas, where there was an outbreak of Mad Cow disease.” That jugged her memory, and she exclaimed, “Oh no, I can feel it eating my brains already. I'm losing my memory. I can't remember anything.”

Humorously, I tried to reassure her, "But Honey, as far as I'm concerned, you've always had Mad Cow disease." She frowned and asked, "Are you calling me mad?" Before I could answer, something struck me on the side of my head and my lights went out.

No comments:

Post a Comment