Wednesday 24 December 2014

Would The Lord Mind?



One blistering night last winter, when a Priest and a Nun were returning from a trip, their car broke down where they were unable to get it fixed. So they decided to spend the night in a hotel. And the only hotel in the town had only one room available. So, the Priest said to the Nun, “Sister, I don't think the Lord would have a problem with it, under the circumstances, if we spend tonight together in this one room. I'll sleep on the lounge and you have the bed.” And the Nun said, “I think that will be okay.”

They then prepared for bed and each one took their agreed place in the room. Ten minutes later, the Nun said, “Father, I'm terribly cold.” And the Priest said, “Okay Sister, I'll get you a blanket.” And the Priest got her a blanket. Another ten minutes later, the Nun said, “Father, I'm still terribly cold.” Again the Priest said, “Okay Sister, I'll get you another blanket. And a gain, he got her a blanket.

But when in another ten minutes later, the Nun again said, “Father, I'm still terribly cold. I don't think the Lord would mind if we acted as man and wife just for this one night,” the Priest responded, “You're probably right. Get up and get your own damn blanket.”

No comments:

Post a Comment