Wednesday 17 December 2014

Why Do They Take Advantage Of Us?

Sometimes, I can’t but keep asking obvious questions like, “Why Do They Take Advantage Of Us?” Under our circumstances, I think they take advantage of us, and shall continue to take advantage of us; because we are averagely ignorant, gullible and greedy. They take advantage of us in, the provision of communication services, in governance, regulatory services, education, and even in religion.

In one of my random musings, I kept pondering on all of the above, incessantly. All last night for instance, I kept minimanimoing, on which of the aforementioned ills, to talk about. I shall however start with our communication service providers, because of my most recent bitter and costly experience. An experience that has made me realize how I may have, personally lost, some hundreds of thousands of naira over the years.

Why should they take advantage of the fact that, I don’t and can never know how to measure a byte? So they take advantage of my ignorance and arbitrarily charge me for bytes and air times, which they say, I may have, or not used. They sell me contradictory Data Bundles, which prices, insult my common sense. When I buy a Data Bundle which I can afford, why don’t they stop my data usage after the expiration of the said Data Bundle, instead of continuing to charge me for data, knowing fully well that I am ignorant of their calculations and manipulations?

No comments:

Post a Comment