Saturday 11 October 2014

Solomon’s Pleasant Encounter



When Solomon was preparing to board a plane, he heard that the Pope was going to be on the same flight. “This is going to be an exciting flight. Perhaps I'll be able to see him in person.” He muttered under his breath. Imagine his surprise when he found himself seated next to the Pope. Solomon politely, but excitedly introduced himself. The Pope said, “Bless you, my son.”

Shortly after take-off, the Pope begins a crossword puzzle. And almost immediately, the Pope turns to Solomon and says, “Excuse me, but do you know a four letter word referring to a woman that ends in ‘unt’?” Solomon thinks, “Only one word leaps to my mind. My goodness, I can't possibly tell the Pope that word. There must be another word.”

Solomon thinks for quite a long while, and then it hits him. Turning to the Pope, the he says, “I think the word your Holiness is looking for is, ‘aunt’.” The Pope says, “Of course, it is. Do you have an eraser?”

No comments:

Post a Comment