Wednesday 8 October 2014

Never Give Up Trying

According to an unreliable source, Bill Gates organized an enormous session to recruit a new Head of Business for Microsoft Europe. Five thousand candidates assembled in a large room. One candidate is Ayodele, a Nigerian guy.

Bill Gates thanked all the candidates for coming and asked those who do not know Java program to leave. Two thousand candidates left the room. Ayodele says to himself, "I do not know Java but I have nothing to lose if I stay. I’ll give it a try!"

Bill Gates asked the candidates who never had experience of managing more than 100 people to leave. Two thousand left the room. Ayodele says to himself, "I have never managed anybody but myself, but I have nothing to lose if I stay. What can happen to me?" So he stays.

Then Bill Gates asked the candidates who do not have management diplomas to leave. Five hundred people left the room. Ayodele says to himself, "I left school at 15 but what have I got to lose?" So he stays in the room.

Lastly, Bill asked the candidates who do not speak Serb-Croatian to leave. 498 candidates leave the room. Ayodele says to himself again, "I do not speak Serb-Croatian but what do I have to lose?" So he stays and finds himself with ONLY one other candidate. Everyone else has left!

Bill Gates joins them and says with a smile, "Apparently you are the only two candidates who meet the criteria and also speak Serb-Croatian, so I’d like to hear you have a conversation together in that language"

Calmly, Ayodele turns to the other candidate and says, “Wahala dey o!” The other candidate answers “Oga nawa o!”

Bill Gates: "You are both hired!"

Don’t you just love Nigerians? Any day, anytime, anywhere, they are bold and daring. They also never give up. So don’t ever give up either, because you will lose nothing by trying. And you might simply end up being the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment