Thursday 9 July 2015

The Expensive Friendship

Mike went to his friend Francis and said, “Dear Francis, please help me out. I'm sleeping with the priest's wife. Can you hold him in church for an hour after mass for me?" Though Francis didn’t like the idea but being a good friend, he agreed. So, after mass, he started talking to the priest. He asked him all sorts of irrelevant questions, just to keep him occupied.

Finally, the priest got a priestly feeling and said, “My son, confession is good for the soul. What is really bothering you?” Now feeling really guilty Francis said, "Please forgive me. My friend Mike is sleeping with your wife right now. So he asked me to keep you occupied." And the priest smiled, put a brotherly hand on Francis’s shoulder and said, "My son, you better hurry home now. My wife died a year ago."

No comments:

Post a Comment