Tuesday 28 July 2015

A Father’s Dilemma

When a young man went to seek for his girlfriend’s hand in marriage, the girl’s father looked him over and said, “Young man, you're coming to seek for my daughter's hand in marriage and you're chewing gum. Don’t you know, that's a sign of disrespect?” The man replied, “Sir, I chew gum only when I have been drinking and smoking. The girl’s father asked, “You mean you drink and smoke, and you're here to seek for my daughter's hand in marriage?” The man replied, “Sir, I drink and smoke only when I go to clubs.”

And when the girl’s father exclaimed, “You club too!” The man explained, “Sir, I started clubbing when I came out of prison.” Screaming at his daughter, the father said, “And you have the nerve to introduce a man who has been to prison.” Impatiently, the man interrupted and said, “I was sent to prison just because I killed a man who wouldn’t allow me to marry his daughter. I was really angry.” Immediately, the girl’s father stretched both arms and said, “That explains it, my son. You have got yourself a wife. Welcome into our family.”

No comments:

Post a Comment