Sunday 24 August 2014

Why Are We So Gullible?

I was having a quiet and relaxing weekend yesterday, after feeding my fish their second meal of the day, when my phone rang. I instinctively picked the call, without looking at the screen. But before I could answer with my usual, “Hi Angel,” the caller says, “Hello, is that you?” And I replied, “Yes, it’s me. It has got to be me, because I picked your call.”

“Won't you go to church?” The caller asked. “No darling.” I answered, amicably. “And why aren’t you going to church?” The caller asked. “Because, either they don't know what they are talking about/doing, or I'm too daft to understand.” And she says, “You can't be serious.” And I said, “I'm truly serious, darling. Think about religion and its practice. Why, where and when, was it born?”
After a few moments, she says, “According to my boss, religion is meant to caution most of human activities else people will kill on the streets without fear and even make love without shame like dogs.” And I asked, “And has it stopped all theses, senseless killings and all the promiscuities?”

“No, it’s getting worse by the day.” She agreed. “And the more churches and mosques we build, and claim to be more religious than religion itself, the worse it becomes. What a shame of a people.” I concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment