Saturday 9 August 2014

Being Quick To Judge

A man who smelled like rotten cabbage, sat next to a priest in an urban mass transit inter-city bus. The man's shirt, was stained, his face was plastered with red lipstick, and a half empty bottle of gin was sticking out of his well-worn coat pocket. He opened his newspaper and began to read. After a while, he turned to the priest and asked, "Say, Father, what causes arthritis?"

"My Son, it's caused by loose living, being with cheap and wicked women, too much alcohol and contempt for your fellow man." The Priest replied.
"Well, I'll be damned," the man muttered and returned to his newspaper.

The Priest, thought about what he had just said to the man, nudged him, apologized and said, "I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to come on so strong. How long have you had arthritis?"
"I don't have it Father,” the man answered. “I was just reading here, that the Pope does."

No comments:

Post a Comment