Monday 4 August 2014

Using Assertiveness Wrongly

After many years of unhappy marriage, a man got tired of being bossed around by his wife, and was determined to do something about it. He then sought out and booked an appointment with a Psychiatrist. When he arrived at the Psychiatrist, he says to him, “You have got to help me. I can’t continue to live like this. I am tired of being bossed around by my wife.”  The psychiatrist said, “You need to build your self-esteem.” So he gave him a book on assertiveness.

He started reading the book right from the Psychiatrist’s office and all the way home. He was quite happy to have finished the book by the time he reached his house. And was anxious to practice what he has read.
He stormed into the house and walked up to his wife, confidently. And pointing a finger in her face, he said, "From now on, I want you to know that I am the boss of this house, and my word shall be law. Now, I want you to prepare me, my favorite meal tonight and when I'm finished eating my meal, I expect a sumptuous dessert afterward. Then, after I am done, you're going to draw me my bath so I can relax. And when I'm finished with my bath, guess who's going to dress me and comb my hair."

“The funeral nurse, of course.” The wife said, cynically.

No comments:

Post a Comment