Saturday 5 July 2014

My Unusual Act Of Charity

My wife arrived home from a shopping trip and was shocked to find me in bed with a lovely young woman. Just as she was about to storm out of the house, I called out "Perhaps you should hear how all this came about, before you react."

“This has better be good,” she said.
 I thanked her for the chance to explain myself, and continued. I was driving home on the highway when I saw this young woman looking tired and bedraggled. I brought her home and made her a meal from the roast chicken you had forgotten about in the fridge.

Seeing that she was bare-footed, I gave her your good sandals which you had discarded because they had gone out of style.
She was cold so I gave her the sweater which I bought for you for your birthday but you never wore because the colour didn't suit you.

And also seeing that her pants were torn, I gave her a pair of your jeans, which were perfectly good, but too small for you now.
She was so grateful, and she thankfully hugged me. Then just as she was about to leave, she asked, “Is there anything else, your wife doesn't use anymore?”

No comments:

Post a Comment