Thursday 24 July 2014

Benefits Of Knowing Housekeeping

Abimbola and Olusegun went on their honeymoon, immediately after their well-attended and impressive wedding; a present from the bride’s rich and pampering parents. The young couple had a swell time, exploring sites and sampling different cuisines in different restaurants and in their hotel. When they got back, the bride immediately called her mother.

"Well, how was the honeymoon?" Her mother asked.
"Oh, mum, the honeymoon was wonderful and so, romantic; and thanks for everything.” The daughter said, gratefully.

“The pleasure was all ours. Anything for our beautiful and lovely baby.” The mother said, pleasantly.
When a week later, the mother called to check how her lovely daughter was doing, in her new home, her call was answered with bouts of sobs. “Why are you crying?” The mother anxiously asked.

"Mum, since we returned, Segun has been using the most horrible language, words that I'd never heard before. I mean all these awful 4-letter words. You've got to come and take me home. PLEASE MUM."
"Bola, Bola, be calm and tell me what could be so awful. What 4-letter words?" The mother pleaded.

"Please don't make me tell you, mum," wept the daughter. "I'm so embarrassed, they're just too awful. COME AND GET ME, PLEASE."
"Darling, baby, you must tell me what has you so upset. Tell your mother these horrible 4-letter words that have upset my baby, this much." The mother insisted.

Still sobbing, the daughter said, "Oh, mum, words like; Dust, Wash, Iron, Cook...."

No comments:

Post a Comment