Monday 3 April 2017

The Exhibition Of Ignorance

The other day while at the dentist, and waiting at reception, a pastor came in and sat by my side. After a while, he looked at me familiarly and said, “Pardon me, sir! But you look familiar. Where do you worship?” And I shot back, “Worship?” He then explained, “I mean what church, do you attend?” And I replied, “Oh, that! I don’t attend anymore.” And when he asked, “Why don’t you attend church anymore?” I responded, “It’s simple! It is either they don’t know what they are doing/talking about, or I’m too daft to understand.” He looked at me quizzically, then requested, “May you permit me to tell you about God, His son Jesus, heaven and hell, and life after death?”

Then I smiled and said, “Sure but before you do, may I ask you a question?” And when he said to go ahead, I asked, “A cow, a horse and a goat all eat the same grass stuff, yes? Yet a goat excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps! Why do you suppose that is so?” The pastor visibly surprised by my question, replied, “Hmmm, I have no idea.” So I said, “You see what I mean! Do you really feel qualified to discuss what you have heard of God, His son Jesus, heaven and hell, or life after death? I mean, do you really feel qualified to discuss what you have heard from people who were not even part of their happenings, when you don’t even know shit that is here?”

No comments:

Post a Comment