Sunday 2 April 2017

All That You Will Ever Need

As I lay down there and musing, a phone rang in my head and when I picked it, a voice said, “Hello!” So I responded, “Yes!” And the voice said, “It’s me.” And when I quarried, “And who is it’s me? Since when has it’s me, become a name and a means of identification?” The voice said, “I’m your constant companion, and I can be your greatest helper or your heaviest burden. I can lift you up to stardom or drag you down to failure. I am at your command. Turn your tasks over to me, and I shall perform them, quickly and perfectly.”

And when I said, “That’s interesting!” The voice continued, “Half of the tasks that you do you might just as well turn over to me and I will do them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed; you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you want something done. After a few lessons, I will do it automatically. I am the servant of all great people and the regret of all failures as well. Those who are great, I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures.”

And calmly I asked, “So tell me! Are you a Robot?” And the voice replied, “No! I am not a machine. but I will work with all its precision plus the intelligence of a person. Now you may run me for profit or you may run me for ruin. It makes no difference to me. All you have to do is to take me, train me, be firm with me and I will lay the world at your feet. I am all that you will ever need, and my name is, Mr. Habit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment