Sunday 16 April 2017

The Age Advantage

When a farmer who rears 25 young hens and one old cock felt that the old cock could no longer handle his job efficiently, he went to the market and bought one young cock. Then the Old cock said to the Young cock, “Welcome to join me, we will work together towards productivity.” And the Young cock asked, “What do you mean? As far as I know, you are old and should be retired.” And the Old cock asked, “Young boy, there are 25 hens here, can't I help you with some?” But the Young cock replied, “No! Not even one!! All of them will be mine!!!”

So the Old cock said, “In that case, I shall challenge you to a competition and if I win you shall allow me to have one hen and if I lose you will have all. And the Young cock asked, “What kind of competition?” Then the Old cock explained, “50 meters run. From here, to that tree over there! But due to my age, I hope you will allow me to start off the first 10 meters.” And the Young cock said, “No problem! We will compete tomorrow morning.”

In the morning the Young cock allowed the Old cock to start off as promised. And when the Old cock had crossed the 10 meter mark, the Young cock started to chase him with all his might. And soon enough, he was behind the Old cock's back in a matter of seconds. But suddenly, there was, "A BANG!" Before he could overtake the old cock, he was shot dead by the farmer who cursed, “Hell, this is the 5th GAY cock I've bought this week."

No comments:

Post a Comment