Wednesday 23 November 2016

Why You Shouldn’t Worry

The other time when a brother called me at the dead of night, and sounding so transparently depressed, I instinctively asked, “What must be bugging you so much, to be sounding this bad?” With a quivering and emotion laden voice, he said, “I am so worried! It seems as if the world is caving in on me. I am even losing my best friend. He has changed. Please forgive me, for calling at this ungodly hour.”
 
So I said, “In the first place, since all time belong to God, there can be any ungodly hour. And in the second place, has it ever occurred to you that your best friend may just have been tired of acting the part? Why should you worry, if he has changed? Haven’t you ever changed in some ways at some times in your life? Learn to appreciate that change, is the only permanent thing in life; and everything happens for a reason.”

No comments:

Post a Comment