Sunday 6 November 2016

The Great Weekend

One Friday evening, a white haired old man with one arm around the waist of a beautiful young girl, walked into a jewelry store and told the jeweler, “I feel favoured with my beautiful girlfriend, and you are the man to sell me a very special ring for her.” Without any hesitation, jeweler brought out a £10,000 ring and showed it to him. But the old man said, “l don't think you understand, l really want something very special.'' With that type of statement, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought out another ring and said, “Here's a stunning ring at only £50,000.''
 
At the sight of the ring, the young lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body visibly trembled with great excitement. The old man then smiled and said, “That is more like it! We'll take it.'' And when the jeweler asked how payment would be made, the old man said, “By cheque of course! l know you need to make sure my cheque is good, so I'll write it now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and I'll pick the ring up Monday afternoon.” Early Monday morning, a very teed-off jeweler phoned the old man and said, “There's no money in that account.” And the old man responded, “Yes, I know! But can you imagine the great weekend I had?”

No comments:

Post a Comment