Friday 25 November 2016

The Nigerian Jews

When two Jews, Barnabas and Hosea sat in a Lagos restaurant for lunch, Barnabas asked Hosea, '‘Since Nigerians claim to so religious, are there any Jewish people of our faith born and raised in Nigeria?"
Hosea replied, "I don’t know. Let’s ask the waiter." So Hosea asked the waiter, "Are there any Nigerian Jews?" And the waiter said, "I don't know. Let me go and ask the cook." When he returned from the kitchen in a few minutes and said, "No sir! No Nigerian Jews." Hosea wasn’t satisfied with that, so he asked, "Are you absolutely sure?" The waiter realizing that he was dealing with foreigners, gave the expected answer, "Let me check again," and went back to the kitchen.
 
While the waiter was away in the kitchen, Barnabas said, "I find it hard to believe that there are no Jews in Nigeria. Our people are scattered all over the world." The waiter returned and said, "The cook said there is no Nigerian Jews." Once more, Hosea asked, "Are you certain? I just can’t believe there are no Nigerian Jews!" And the now frustrated waiter said, “Listen, I have asked everyone! All we have is Mango Jews, Pineapple Jews, Orange Jews, Coconut Jews and Tomato Jews! No Nigerian Jews!"

No comments:

Post a Comment