Saturday 22 October 2016

The Correct Counseling

After the WAEC results had been released in their village, a boy travelled to the city, met with his uncle and said, “Uncle, now that I have obtained my WAEC results, daddy said that you can get me into the university to study medicine. I really want to become a doctor.” And the uncle smiled and said, “Very well. But what are your scores?”
 
The boy replied, “Uncle, I had credits in Agriculture and Yoruba language, but I failed the remaining subjects.” And the uncle said, “Well, that's not too bad. You can still become a doctor, though not a medical doctor. You will make a good native doctor (babalawo). Your credit in Agriculture will be useful in collecting herbs from the forest, while your credit in Yoruba language will help you in your incantations.”

No comments:

Post a Comment