Friday 10 June 2016

Why I Can’t Stop Worrying

Every time the weekend approaches and I remember a phone conversation I had very many Sundays ago, I begin to worry more. As I relaxed in bed that Sunday morning, my phone rang. Instinctively, I picked the call without looking at the screen. But before I could hardly finish answering with my usual, “Happy Sunday,” The caller asked, “What is happy about the Sunday while you are still lazing in bed, instead of being in Church?” And I countered with, “What has Sunday got to do with the Church? Or is it because the English were worshipping the Sun on that day?” And he replied, “I am not in the mood, and it is too early for one of your lectures. Why aren’t you in Church?”

When I realized at this point that I wasn’t going to get off lightly, I said, “I am not in Church because, either they don't know what they are talking about/doing, or I'm too daft to understand. Think about religion and its practice. Why, where and when, was it born? Is religion the afterthought of our Creator/s, or the afterthought of man? You don’t need to be a Rocket Scientist to know that Churches have been and will continue to deceive themselves and the populace, because religion is the opium of the people. They chant we are serving the Almighty God, we are serving the All-Knowing God, but they collect tithes and donations from treasury looters, murderers and the masses; live in luxury and build schools which the children of the masses can’t afford to attend. They are happy to dedicate schools, businesses and mansions built with illegal funds.”

No comments:

Post a Comment