Thursday 30 June 2016

Our Religious Intolerance

Recently, I have been more worried by the fact that despite our self-acclaimed high level of education, intelligence and foreign religiosity, we have continued to have an increased level of religious intolerance. What is really wrong with those religions? What is really wrong with us? So, I continued to muse as usual. And that, I am quite sure is within my natural and fundamental human right to do. Suddenly, it hit me. Our problem has all along been due to our IGNORANCE and GULLIBILITY, in accepting and aping these foreign religions which we know nothing about. And neither do the originators of these foreign religions; what with their incomplete stories of creation and the birth and life of Jesus Christ.

While the world is estimated to be about 4.5 Billion years, and our foreign religions of Christianity and Islam are about 2000 years old and less respectively, it will be safe to say that all our traditional religions of the various tribes of the world that have existed from the beginning of creation, are older. And while there is an appreciative tolerance amongst our various traditional religions, one can’t say so for our above foreign religions. And the more I muse, the more I wonder, “Are our traditional Gods, angry?” I just can’t help but think so, considering that the more churches and mosques we build, and claim to be more religious than the originators of those religions, the more immoral, dishonest and intolerant we have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment