Friday 3 June 2016

And My Lights Went Out

When a week after my wife returned from her last overseas vacation, and started wailing and wringing her hands she said, "I'm sick. I can feel it. I feel weak." So I asked, “What did they feed you, on that vacation?” She shot back, “What has the diet got to do with it? Anyway, I had lots beef meals.” And being my loving self, I consoled her and said, “Honey, there should be no cause for alarm as long as you were nowhere near any of those areas, where there was an outbreak of Mad Cow disease.”

That jugged her memory, and she exclaimed, “Oh no, I can feel it eating my brains already. I'm losing my memory. I can't remember anything.” And humorously, I tried to reassure her, "But Honey, as far as I'm concerned, you've always had Mad Cow disease." She frowned and asked, "Are you calling me mad?" Before I could answer, something struck me on the side of my head and my lights went out.

No comments:

Post a Comment