Sunday 26 June 2016

The Landlord

One early Sunday morning when a man rang my door bell and I opened the door, he said tearfully, “Sir you have got to help! There is a family that I know very well that is in desperate need of money. The father has been out of a job for over a year, and they have five kids at home with barely a bit of food to eat. The worst part is that they are about to be kicked out of the house and they will be left on the streets without a roof over their heads!” The man concluded with one last heart wrenching sob.

So I said, “Well, that really is a sad story. Why don’t you come inside and we’ll talk about it a little more.” We then got inside. And while we were both seated, I asked, “So how much money is needed exactly?” And the man replied, “Oh it’s really terrible. Just for the rent, $3000 is needed by tomorrow otherwise they’ll be kicked out onto the streets.” I then asked him, “How do you know so much about this situation?” as I reached for my cheque book. And the man breaking down once more responded, “Well, they are my tenants.”

No comments:

Post a Comment