Tuesday 10 May 2016

When Peter Met The Pope

While going through security to board his plane, and hearing that the Pope was going to be on the same flight, Peter muttered under his breath, “This is going to be an exciting flight. Perhaps I'll be able to see him in person.” Imagine his surprise when he found himself seated next to the Pope. Peter excitedly, but politely introduced himself. And the Pope said, “Bless you, my son.”

Shortly after take-off, the Pope began a crossword puzzle. And almost immediately, the Pope turned to Peter and asked, “Excuse me Peter, but do you know a four letter word referring to a woman, that ends with ‘unt’?” And Peter thought, “Only one word leaps to my mind. My goodness, I can't possibly tell the Pope that word. There must be another word.” So Peter thought harder, and for quite a while too, before it hit to replace the “C”. He then turned to the Pope and said, “I think the word your Holiness is looking for is, ‘aunt’.” And the Pope said, “Of course, it is. Do you have an eraser?”

No comments:

Post a Comment