Wednesday 14 January 2015

When The Driver Isn’t The Chauffeur

In one of the Pope’s visits to America, he passionately pleaded with the Chauffeur to exchange places with him; during the ride between the airport and the city. “My son, it has always been my fantasy to drive a limousine. Do this for me, my son,” he said. The Chauffeur thought to himself, "Well, I can't say no to this guy, he's the pope." So the driver pulls over and they change places.

As soon as the Pope settled in the driver’s seat, he took off like a race car driver. With the accelerator almost all the way down, he drove down the highway, weaving and dodging cars. After a while the Chauffeur tapped on the window and told the Pope, "Please slow down a bit, you might get pulled over." And the Pope said, "Don't you worry about that, my son. I'm the Pope, remember?" So he rolled up the window and continued to drive very fast. After a few moments he got pulled over.


When the police officer walked up to the car and the Pope rolled down the tinted window, the officer nervously said, "Oh, I, ehhh, sorry, please hold on a minute." And the Pope said, "Sure, my son." The officer walked back to his car and radioed the station with, "Guys, I think I have just pulled over the most important personality." And the dispatch sarcastically asked, "Our President, the president of another country, an ambassador? Who is it?" The officer replied, “Well, I don't know, but the Pope is the Chauffeur." 

No comments:

Post a Comment