Thursday 22 January 2015

Beware Of All Greek Gifts

After shopping for most part of the day, and a couple returned to find that their car had been stolen, they went to the police station to make a full report. When a detective drove them back to the parking lot to see if any evidence could be found at the scene of the crime, they were amazed to find that their car had been returned.

However, there was an envelope on the windshield with a note of apology and two tickets to a famous music concert in town. The note read, “I apologize for taking your car, but my wife was having a baby and I had to hot-wire your ignition to rush her to the hospital. Please forgive the inconvenience. Here are two tickets for tonight's concert.”

Under such situation and gesture, their faith in humanity was restored. The couple attended the concert and returned home late to find that their house has been robbed. Valuable goods have been taken from throughout the house, from basement to attic. And, there was a note on the door which read, “Well, you still have your car. I have to put my newly born kid through college somehow, don't I?”

No comments:

Post a Comment