Friday 6 March 2015

Why We Need This Change

The other day when I asked, “In which institution, do you receive your certificate in advance?” Most of the respondents proudly answered, “In the Institution of Marriage.” And I agreed. But when I opined if that was ethical, a brother asked, “When do you think marriage should be certificated? After 2 years 5 years?”

I think that has been one of the problems. In every institution, just as in life, there are lessons to be learned. Hasn’t it been obvious enough that many have been certified married, who aren’t in marriage? Who don’t have any intentions to learn the lessons? Who don’t have any intention to obey the laws of the institution? Over the years, I have had the opportunity to ask, “Why are you married? Why did you get married?” And I have received some seemingly honest answers like, “I want someone to take care of me. I don’t want to have children out of wedlock. It is a status symbol.”

You see what I mean? When you really think about that certificate, it isn’t a certificate of marriage, but a “Certificate to live together, or Certificate to freely use each other.” Shouldn’t we change this misleading certificate?

No comments:

Post a Comment