Monday 7 March 2016

The Problem With Nigeria - Part One

After I had received and watched at the weekend, a brother’s Common Sense Video, which I immediately shared on Facebook and Twitter; and last night another brother sent me via my WhatsApp, a most disturbing picture of how some people looked like while in office, and how they look just one year after office, I immediately phoned the said brother, and we tried in our lame way to discuss the state of our nation. A state, which seem to be deteriorating faster than one can imagine.

We talked about corruption in low and high places, chronic and insane treasury looters, heartless, clueless and shameless administrators/governance, man inhumanity to man in our law enforcement agencies, ignorant, docile and gullible followership/masses, immorality, and ignorant, clueless and gullible religiosity. After a while, he pleaded to call me back, which he did after he had gotten rid of whoever was making him feel the feeling that he was feeling, when he doesn’t know the feeling that he was feeling.

And we continued to burn our credits to the delight of the service providers, who have actually become a pain in the neck. What with, their incomprehensible billings, erratic down times and announcements, “The number that you have dialed, does not exist.” After we had decided to continue to proffer solutions at a later date, and wished each other good night, I hugged my pillow and tried to do the good night thing. But sleep said, “No, you can’t. Until you can at least, make some reasonable contributions, toward saving our nation.” It was then that it dawned on me. Now, I know without any reasonable doubt that, our problem is CONFUSION. When we come back, we shall discuss how CONFUSION has affected every sector of our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment