Thursday 24 March 2016

On Happiness And Contentment

You were born in a first class hospital, but I was delivered at home; we both survived. You went to a private primary school, but I went to a public school; we both ended up, in the same high school. You woke up from a bed, but I woke up from the floor; we both had a peaceful night rest. Your outfits are all expensive, but mine are all simple and cheap; we both still covered our nakedness.

You ate fried rice and roasted chicken, but I ate locally prepared food; we both still ate to our satisfaction. You ride in Lexus jeep, Range Rover, G Wagon, Hummer Jeep, but I use public transport; we still got to our various destinations. You may be reading this post from your Sony Xperia, BB Z10, Q10, Samsung Galaxy 6edge, IPhone6+, but I typed it with my Touch one broken screen; we still see the message.

Lifestyle is not, and should not be a competition. There are different ways to get a lot of things done, as there are different lanes, all leading to the same destination. Just because your neighbour is doing things faster does not mean you are failing. Happiness doesn't come from having everything, but making the best out of what you have; it's all about how you see yourself. Happiness is not having what you like. Happiness is liking, what you have and being content.

No comments:

Post a Comment