Thursday 11 February 2016

Enjoy Your Life

James wet to the doctor for his yearly medical checkup. And after the usual routine examinations, the doctor said, “Everything is fine. You’re doing OK for your age.” But James protested, “For my age? “I’m only 75. Do you think I’ll make it to 85?”

And the doctor asked, “Do you drink or smoke?” James replied, “No!” Then the doctor asked, “Do you eat fatty meat or sweets?” Again James replied, “No! I am very careful about what I eat.” The doctor continued, “How about your activities? Do you engage in thrilling behaviours like womanizing, speeding or skiing? Though James was taken aback, he said “No! I would never engage in dangerous activities.” Finally the doctor said, “Well, why then in the world would you want to live to be 85?”

No comments:

Post a Comment