Thursday 22 October 2015

The Red Shirt

A 17th Century captain was sailing along with his crew when a pirate ship came over the horizon. The captain said, "Cabin boy, get me my red shirt." So, he got his red shirt and they victoriously battled the pirates. Several days later, they spotted another pirate ship off the port bow. "Cabin boy," said the captain, "Get me my red shirt." They again battled the pirates and are victorious.

Later when things had settled down, the cabin boy asked, "Captain, why do you always want your red shirt just prior to battle?" The captain responded, "Well, in case I am inflicted with a wound, I don't want the crew to see my injury and lose spirit." The cabin boy said, "I see." A few days later, when they sighted 20 pirate ships in the distance the captain yelled out, "Cabin boy, get me my brown pants."

No comments:

Post a Comment