Thursday 18 June 2015

Making Every Occasion, Count

While celebrating their 50 years of living together, a couple had their three children, join them for a Sunday dinner. As the proud parents settled down with their very successful children to dinner, the first son who is a surgeon, said, "Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. I'm sorry I didn't have time to get you a gift, because I was running late. I had an emergency at the hospital with a patient. You know how it is." And the father said, "Not to worry, son. The important thing is that we're all together today."

Then the second son, who is a lawyer, announced, "You and Mom look great Dad. I just flew in from Los Angeles between depositions and didn't have time to shop for you." Again the father said, “It's nothing. We're glad you were able to come." Then their daughter, who is a marketing executive announced, "Hello and Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry but my boss is sending me out of town and I was really busy packing, so I didn't have time to get you anything."

After they finished dessert, the father said, "There's something your mother and I have wanted to tell you for a long time. You see, we were very poor. Despite this, we were able to send each of you to college. Throughout the years your mother and I knew we loved each other very much, but we just never found the time to get married." The three children gasped, and chorused, "What! You mean we're bastards?" And the father replied, "Yep, and cheap ones too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment