Monday 26 June 2017

Why We Have To Protest

The other day while enjoying my usual solitary laying-around Saturday and a friend dropped by unannounced, I looked at him quizzically and then I said, “Hey, this one that you have just appeared without notice, I hope all is well.” He just laughed and asked, “All is well! But haven’t you heard?”
I immediately sat up and asked, “Heard what?” And calmly, he said, “With all these, recent jump off the bridge and depression syndromes, it is now mandatory to check up on your friends and family regularly.” Without waiting for my response, he continued, “And what is the matter with you? For how much longer are you going to be companionless?”

I just couldn’t help but laughed so hard, my remaining ribs missed their brother rib. Then I said, “It isn’t fair! Why should Adam wake up to find his missing rib standing beside him for free, while I have to look everywhere for mine praying and fasting, calling messaging and convincing her, taking her to Tantalizers and with gifts, taking her to the pastor; and even being required to take her to her village and spend my life savings. All this for my own rib that got missing, and which I didn't even loose out of my carelessness. It was taken from me without my consent, remember? This is totally unfair, and we have to protest. All missing ribs must be returned for free!”

No comments:

Post a Comment