Wednesday 21 December 2016

The Unused Instrument

While on a flight returning from a holiday, a distinguished young lady, said to a priest seated beside her, "Father, may I ask you for a favour?"  And the priest replied, "Of course, my daughter! What may I do for you?" So the lady said, "Well, I bought an expensive electronic hair dryer that is well above my customs limits and I'm afraid they'll confiscate it. Is there anyway, you could carry it through Customs for me? Perhaps, say under your robes?" And the priest said, "I would love to help you my daughter, but I must warn you; I will not lie." Then the lady smiled, handed him the dryer and said, "Father, with your honest face, no one will question you."
 
When they got to the Customs, she let the priest go ahead of her. And when the Customs official asked, "Father, do you have anything to declare?" The priest said, "My son, from the top of my head down to my waistline, I have nothing to declare." The official thought this answer was as strange as they come, so he asked, "And what do you have to declare from your waistline, to the bottom of your feet?" And the priest smiled most benevolently, and said, "I have a marvelous little instrument designed to be used on a woman, but which to date, is unused." Roaring with laughter, the official said, "Go ahead, Father! Next!”

No comments:

Post a Comment