Monday 4 April 2016

A Case Of Gratitude

Once upon a time, there lived a king who kept ten wild dogs for the purpose of torturing to death, any erring ministers and servants. So, one day when one of the ministers gave a wrong opinion, the king immediately ordered that the minister be thrown to the dogs. The minister then plead, “I have served you for 10 years, and I plead that you please give me 10 days before you throw me in with those dogs!” And the king agreed.

The minister immediately went to the guard that was in charge of those dogs, and begged that he be allowed to serve those dogs for the next 10 days. Though baffled, the guard agreed and introduced him to the dogs. In those 10 days, the minister fed, cleaned and washed the dogs, and also provided all sorts of comfort for them.

At the expiration of the 10 days, the king ordered that the minister be thrown in to the dogs for his punishment. But when he was thrown in, everyone was amazed to see the dogs licking the feet of the minister. Baffled at what he was seeing, the king exclaimed, “What happened to my dogs!!!”  And the minister said, “I served the dogs for 10 days and they didn’t forget my service. But I served you for 10 years and you forgot all at my first mistake!” Remorsefully, the king realized his ingratitude, and ordered the minister to be set free.

Lesson: Never forget the good, as soon as a problem arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment