Wednesday 16 August 2017

An Uncanny Suicide Attempt

After what seemed like the mother of all quarrels, a wife rushed into the bathroom, locked the door and started crying like she had never cried before. And when the husband worried that she might do something silly, went to the door and pleaded with her to come out, she said, “Leave alone to hang myself! I am sick and tired of being told that I am not good at this and that, can’t cook, not good in bed and stupid. I can’t take it anymore!!”

Afraid that she might really harm herself, the husband broke down the door and found her on the floor with a rope tied to her toe. Amazed and amused at such a sight, the husband said, "I thought you were going to hang yourself." She said, "Yes, I am!" Then the husband added, "Usually when people hang themselves, they tie the rope around their neck! So why is yours tied on your toe?" And she replied, "I tried that, but I couldn't breathe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment