Thursday 31 August 2017

An Uncanny Arrangement

I love peace, happiness, and envy happy marriages. So one day, I decided to pick the brains of a brother who seems to have a happy marriage and I asked, "What is the secret behind your happy marriage?" He smiled and said, "Over the years, we have learned to share all and every one of our responsibilities with due love and respect for each other. And we haven’t had any real problems with our arrangement. She never objects to my decisions and I never object to hers." I chewed over this for a very short while, thought it was too vague for my consumption, and asked for details.

Then he added, “In our home, I take decisions on bigger issues like whether America should attack Iran or North Korea, whether Britain should lift sanctions over Zimbabwe, whether Biafra should be formed or not, whether Sanchez should leave Arsenal or not, a-nd whom should Davido marry; while my wife decides on smaller issues like, which car we should buy, how much amount to save, when to visit the super market, when and where to go on vacation, which sofa, air conditioner, refrigerator to buy, how to manage our monthly expenses and whether to keep a maid or not.”

No comments:

Post a Comment