Monday 9 November 2015

The Speeding Drama

So there was this female business executive who was late for a meeting. She was going 65 on a street where the speed limit is 40. A cop pulled her over and said, “Ma’am, can I please see your license?” She replied, “I’m sorry officer, but I got it revoked two years ago for drunk driving.” His brow furrowed and he straightened up. “Well, can I please see the registration of your car?” She said, “I stole the car and I killed the driver; he’s in the trunk.” The cop instructed, “Ma’am, DON’T MOVE. I’m calling for backup.” He muttered furiously into his walkie-talkie.

Five minutes later, half the squad pulled up, and the Chief of Police walked over to the woman’s window, and asked sternly, “Ma’am, can I see your license?” “Of course, officer.” She smiled demurely and pulled out a license from her purse. He squinted warily at it, and said, “This looks legitimate,” he mumbled. “Can I see the registration to this car?” She pulled it out of the glove compartment and handed it to him. “Ma’am, stand back!” He banged open the trunk of the car and flinches; but it was completely empty. The woman brandished a finger at the first cop and said accusingly, “And I’ll bet that liar told you I was speeding too!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment