Wednesday 16 September 2015

A Second Opinion Did It

John went to a psychiatrist and said, “Doc, I’ve got trouble. Every time I get into bed I think there is somebody under it. I get under the bed; I think there’s somebody on top of it. Top, under, under top. I’m going crazy!” And the psychiatrist said, “Just put yourself in my hands for two years. Come to me three times a week and I’ll cure you.” John asked, “How much do you charge?” And the psychiatrist replied, “A hundred dollars per visit.” John said, “I’ll think about it.”

John never went back. Sometime later when he met the doctor on the street, and the psychiatrist asked, “Why didn’t you ever come to see me again?” John said, “For a hundred buck a visit? A bartender cured me for 10 dollars.” The psychiatrist said, “Is that so? How did he do it?” And John replied, “He told me to cut the legs off the bed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment